- Organization of the meeting of the Steering Committee related to the Support to Farmers Organizations in Africa Program (SFOAP) Tunis April 16, 2014.
- The regional consultation of civil society in Africa for the year 2014, Tunis 21-March 22 2014 :
UMNAGRI organized a regional consultation of civil society in 2014 in preparation of the regional Congress of the United Nations Food and Agriculture for Africa in its 28th session. A big number of farmers, fishermen artisans, peasants, workers in the food sector, and non-governmental organizations that deal with youth and women attended the event. The participants discussed priority issues in the development of agriculture and rural areas in Africa. A consensus statement has been prepared for submission to the Regional Congress of the United Nations Food and Agriculture in Africa.
- Participation in the Farmers’ Forum, Rome 16-20 February 2014.
- Extraordinary Congress of the Maghreb Farmers Union, Rabat, Morocco, 30-31 January 2014.
- Central Council of UMNAGRI, Tunis, November 30-December 1, 2013.
The approval of the strategic plan, and the strategic communications plan of the Union for the period 2014-2016.The agreement on series of revisions over the law of the Maghreb Farmers Union.
- Board of African Agriculture Organization, Abidjan 24-25 October 2013.
The study of the activities of the African Agricultural Organization report, the review of new development plans, the review of the financial report and the presentation of the annual program of the organization as part of the Support of Farmers Organizations in Africa Program (SFOAP).
- Congress of the Maghreb Farmers Union, the capital of Algeria 16 to 17 January 2013.
Handover of the chairmanship of the Maghreb Farmers Union to Mr. Mohammed Alioui , the Secretary General of the National Union of Algerian Farmers , and approval of membership requests of the Central Agricultural Cooperative Union (CACU) from Egypt, and the Sudanese Farmers and Pastoralists Union, to adhere UMNAGRI.
- African Forum for the Comprehensive Development Program of African Agriculture CAADP Tunis 12-16 November 2012.
The Maghreb Farmers Union organized the African Forum of the Comprehensive Program of African Agriculture Development (CAADP) for the year 2012 under the title: “Farmer Organizations as the Vital Link to Equitable and Sustainable Agriculture Growth in Africa.” This African forum is a continental summit exchange between those working in the field of agriculture on the continent, mainly targeting farmers and their representatives, but also policy makers, industrialists, traders, retailers , financial / banking. …
The main objective of the forum is the exchange and sharing of experiences and skills of farmers, politicians coming from principal as well as subsidiary agriculture related sectors, to develop practices in the field of African agriculture, and participate in the development of agriculture and the peasant sectors.
A number of contributions and services were presented at the forum on behalf of participants whose number exceeded 250 people from 54 African countries. The Forum was an opportunity to share best practices whose number exceeded seventy pioneering experiments, as well as “action plans” in the form of contribution programs of farmers’ organizations to equitable development of agriculture.
- Ordinary General Assembly of the African Farmers Organizations, Yaounde Cameroon 23-25 August 2012.
It was an opportunity to identify the ways of structuring the continental organization, and the ratification of its status and its future work programs. The functions of the five regional organizations for the next two years have been appointed as follows:
Chairman : Réseau des Organisations Paysannes et des Producteurs Agricoles de l’Afrique de l’Ouest (ROPPA)
Vice Chairman: The Southern African Confederation of Agricultural Unions (SACAU).
Treasurer : East African Farmers Federation (EAFF).
Women Coordinator: La Plate-Forme Régionale Des Organisations Paysannes pour l’Afrique Centrale (PROPAC).
Youth Coordinator : Union Maghrébine des Agriculteurs UMAGRI
- Participation at the Board of Directors Meeting of the African Farmers’ Organization , Johannesburg, South Africa 01-03 August 2012.
- Participation At the meeting of the Comprehensive Program of African Agriculture Development (CAADP), Nairobi, Kenya, 03-04 May 2012.
The eighth meeting of the Platform Partnership’s Global Program for Agricultural Development Africa is an annual forum that brings together participants and program partners under the auspices of the Commission of the African Union and the New Partnership Program for African Development (NEPAD).
This meeting was an opportunity to exchange experiences among participants and stakeholders in the framework of the global development agenda of African agriculture and African farmers, and an opportunity to make initial preparations for the African Forum on Agriculture, to be organized the same year by UMAGRI.
- The Farmers’ Forum: Rome, Italy 17-24 February 2012
UMAGRI has marked its presence in the International Forum of Agriculture with two members who had the opportunity to meet the other international organizations, and to grant a real role to UMAGRI as an active regional network representative. In addition to this forum, a meeting was held between regional African farmers’ networks representatives and African ambassadors accredited to the International Organization for Food and Agriculture; following to which a strategic discussion paper was developed jointly, linking the Committee of African Ambassadors and the agricultural organizations.
- The organization of a regional workshop on African Forum for 2012, the Kingdom of Morocco Casablanca 8-9 December 2011.
- Meeting of heads of North African Farmers’ organizations , Casablanca, Morocco, December 10, 2011.
- Participation in SFOAP workshops , Johannesburg – The South Africa 03-07 November 2011.
- Participation in the meeting of the Board of Directors of the African platform for agricultural organizations, Nairobi October 27 to 28, 2011. .
- Participation in the meeting of the Steering Committee of the program, “farmers to fight against poverty,” Madrid 13 -14Octobre 2011.
- Participation in a workshop on the new partnership on climate change, Durban, 17-19 August 2011.
- Participation in the meeting to finalize the second stage of SFOAP program, Nairobi – Kenya 21-23 June 2011.
- Participation in the Global Gathering of Farmers, Paris 16-17 June 2011.
- The organization of a regional workshop to prepare for the second phase of SFOAP program Casablanca, Morocco, 07-08 June 2011.
- Participation in the workshop planning of the second phase of SFOAP program, Yaoundé May 6-8, 2011.
- Participation in the meeting of the comprehensive program of agricultural development in Africa, Yaounde 22-27 March 2011.
- Participation in the meeting of the Steering Committee of the African Union land policy of agriculture in Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, March 10, 2011.
- Participation in the meeting of the Board of Directors of the Platform of Peasant organizations in Africa, Dakar 07-08 February 2011.
- Participation in the meeting of the General Union of Arab Farmers and Agricultural Cooperatives, Rabat, Morocco, 23-27 January 2011.
- Participation in the workshop of the worldwide network of agricultural and rural training, Bamako 25-27 November 2010.
- Participation in the general meeting of the Constituent platform for African agricultural organizations, Malawi 25-27 October 2010.
- Participation in the Forum of African agriculture, Burkina Faso, 03-09 October 2010.
- Organization of a workshop on “Meeting the Challenges of Climate Change: Strategies (for small farmers) to achieve food security and development in Africa”, Tunisia 14-15 September 2010 .
- Contributing to the organization of the partnership days for investors in the agriculture and food industries, Marseille, 27-28 May, 2010.
- Organization of the meeting of the Policy of the African platform of agricultural organizations, Tunisia, 21-22 February 2010 Committee. Organization of the symposium in cooperation with the North African Arab Maghreb Union on “plant health monitoring system and the risks of pesticide use in the countries of the Arab Maghreb Union,” Tunisia 15-17 February 2010.
- Participation in the International Exhibition of Agriculture, Agricultural Machinery and Fishing, Tunisia 18-22 November 2009.
- Participation in the International Fair of Agriculture in Morocco, Meknes 22-27 April 2009.
- Organization of the Maghreb Conference on the Maghreb Economic Integration, in cooperation with the North African Organization of Employers, Tunisia, February 17, 2009.